This year’s Fabulous Forth Festivities in the City of Flagler Beach are scheduled to occur on Friday, July 4th and Saturday, 5th. The following information is being provided in advance of the events to assist residents and visitors with the scheduled Calendar of Events; as well as traffic patterns and roadway closures that will be utilized on July 4, 2014. Patience and a spirit of cooperation during the summer holiday events is encouraged to visitors and residents and our goal is to make this year’s events the safest possible.
July 4th – Fireworks Traffic Plan
The Flagler Beach Police Department highly recommends that visitors attending this year’s event park in relation to where they want to travel after the fireworks have concluded.
North: Visitors that are coming from Beverly Beach, northern Palm Coast and areas north of the Flagler Beach that want to return home after the fireworks are encouraged to park north of SR100.
South: Visitors from Ormond Beach, Ormond by the Sea and areas south of Flagler Beach and want to return home after the firework s are encouraged to park south of SR100.
West: Traffic on SRA1A at SR100 will be restricted after the fireworks and Law Enforcement personnel will be assigned to the intersection. The following traffic pattern that will be in effect after the fireworks conclude;
- Traffic southbound on SRA1A at SR100 will be forced west on SR100 and will continue west over the SR100 Bridge.
- Traffic northbound on SRA1A at SR100 will have the following options; traffic that wants to continue northbound on SRA1A will continue in the designated travel lane. Traffic that wants to turn west on SR100 will be allowed to do so via the left turn lane.
- The traffic signal at SRA1A and SR100 after the conclusion of the fireworks will be controlled manually to accommodate traffic efficiency.
East: Eastbound traffic on SR100 will experience minor delays after the fireworks, in order to accommodate the event traffic. Visitors and residents should expect delays between 10:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m.
Flagler Avenue: After the conclusion of the fireworks, traffic on North and South Flagler Avenue will be as follows;
- North Flagler Avenue will be restricted between North 2nd Street and SR100. Traffic that wants to access SR100 can do so in the following manner;
- Travel north on N. Flagler Avenue and then east to SRA1A on any side street or,
- Travel east on South 2nd Street to N. Daytona Avenue and then south to SR100.
- South Flagler Avenue will be two (2) lanes northbound to SR100. Upon arrival at SR100 traffic northbound on South Flagler Avenue will turn west on SR100 and will travel across the SR100 bridge. Law Enforcement Officers will be posted at this intersection to assist vehicular traffic.
Wadsworth Park: Parking will be available for the event at Wadsworth Park. Traffic departing the park after the fireworks will be directed west onto SR100.
John Anderson Highway: Visitors leaving the event westbound on SR100 will not be restricted from turning left onto John Anderson Highway.
Roberts Road: Visitors leaving the event westbound on SR100 will not be restricted for turning right onto Roberts Road.
Colbert Lane: Visitors leaving the event westbound on SR100 will not be restricted for turning right onto Roberts Road.
Old Kings Road: Visitors leaving the event westbound on SR100 will not be restricted for turning left or right onto Old Kings Road.
I-95: Visitors leaving the event westbound on SR100 will not be restricted from accessing I-95 north or I-95 south.
Carpooling: Visitors that plan on attending this year’s events are strongly encouraged to carpool, as this will assist with parking and traffic efficiency after the fireworks have concluded.
If you have any questions about the information listed above, please feel free to contact Captain Doughney.