Curfew for Zone A (Beachside) effective 7 p.m. today
September 9, 2017 – Flagler County has issued a curfew for Zone A (Beachside) that will go into effect at 7 p.m. tonight, Saturday, September 9.
Evacuation Zone A includes everything east of the Intracoastal including Marineland, Hammock and Flagler Beach along A1A.
The curfew will be in effect daily from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. until further notice.
“There is a mandatory evacuation in effect as of 7 a.m., and we certainly hope everyone is taking this seriously,” Flagler County Emergency Manager Steve Garten said. “Law enforcement will be working diligently to ensure that everyone’s property is safe from the criminal element during the evacuation.”
Mandatory evacuation also includes:
- Residents of Zone F – western Flagler County near Dead Lake, specifically St. Johns Park and the Haw Creek Basin
- Low-lying areas subject to flooding
- Those who live in mobile homes, recreational vehicles, and trailers
- Individuals with special medical needs, due to the potential loss of power
- Elder care facilities, community residential group homes, and non-elder care facilities and community residential group homes located within zones A, B, C and F
Check for current information on Flagler County’s website www.flaglercounty.org, or tune into the county’s partner radio station WNZF, 1550 am, 106.3 fm and the Flagler Radio App worldwide. Follow “Flagler County Government” or “Flagler County Emergency Management on Facebook or Twitter. The county’s social media team will provide updates through these official accounts:
- Flagler TV – Spectrum Channel 492