NOTE: Upon submitting an application for employment, ALL sections, including your experience and education, must be completed and clearly documented in order to be considered for any FBPD position.
Police Officer Applicant Requirements:
- Minimum age of 21
- United States Citizen at time of application (F.S.S.943.13(2)).
- High school diploma or equivalent. An evaluation of foreign high school diploma may be required.
- Must not have been convicted of any felony. All candidates must not have been convicted of any perjury or a false statement charge as an adult. All other arrests and convictions will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Must have good moral character as determined by a background investigation (F.S.S. 943.13).
- Must successfully pass a modified physical agility.
- FDLE Certification must accompany application.
- Must possess and maintain throughout employment, a valid Florida driver license without any restrictions affecting job performance. Driver license must show current address. All candidates must submit with the application, a Certified Department of Motor Vehicles “entire” driving history for every state in which a driver license was held within the last 7 years. The search date must be within one month of the date the application is received in Human Resources.
- If ever arrested, candidates must submit an official court disposition with the application. Official court dispositions can be obtained from the Clerk of the Court in the county in which the incident occurred.
- If claiming Veteran’s Preference, candidates must provide a DD214 Member 4 form at time of application.
- Successfully pass polygraph/CVSA and pyscological examination upon request.
- Successfully pass the oral board.