“2018 Fabulous Fourth – Traffic Plan”
This year’s Fabulous Fourth Festivities in the City of Flagler Beach are scheduled to occur on Wednesday, July 4th. The following information is being provided in advance of the event to assist residents and visitors with the traffic patterns, roadway closures and parking areas that will be utilized on July 4, 2018. Patience and a spirit of cooperation during the summer holiday event is strongly encouraged to visitors and residents and our goal is to make this year’s events the safest possible.
The Flagler Beach Police Department highly recommends that visitors attending this year’s event park in relation to where they want to travel after the fireworks have concluded. This will allow for a more efficient egress back home.
North: Visitors that are coming from Beverly Beach, northern Palm Coast or areas north of Flagler Beach that want to return home after the fireworks are encouraged to park north of SR100.
South: Visitors from Ormond Beach, Ormond by the Sea and areas south of Flagler Beach that want to return home after the firework s are encouraged to park south of SR100.
West: Traffic on SRA1A at SR100 will be restricted after the fireworks and Law Enforcement personnel will be assigned to the intersection. The traffic signal at SRA1A and SR100 after the conclusion of the fireworks will be controlled manually to accommodate traffic efficiency. The following traffic patterns will be in effect after the fireworks conclude;
- Traffic northbound on SRA1A at SR100 will have the following options; traffic that wants to continue northbound on SRA1A will continue in the designated travel lane. Traffic that wants to turn west on SR100 will be allowed to do so via the left turn lane.
- Traffic southbound on SRA1A at SR100 will be forced west on SR100 and will continue west over the SR100 Bridge.
East: Eastbound traffic on SR100 will experience delays after the fireworks, in order to accommodate the event traffic. Visitors and residents should expect delays between 10:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m.
Flagler Avenue: After the conclusion of the fireworks, traffic on North and South Flagler Avenue will be as follows;
- North Flagler Avenue will be two (2) way traffic north of North 2nd Southbound traffic on North Flagler Avenue approaching SR100 will be directed west over the SR100 Bridge.
- South Flagler Avenue will be two (2) lanes northbound to SR100. Upon arrival at SR100 traffic northbound on South Flagler Avenue will turn west on SR100 and will travel across the SR100 bridge. Law Enforcement Officers will be posted at this intersection to assist/direct vehicular traffic.
Wadsworth Park: Parking will be available for the event inside Wadsworth Park. Traffic departing the Park after the fireworks will be directed west onto SR100.
John Anderson Highway: Visitors leaving the event westbound on SR100 will not be restricted from turning left onto John Anderson Highway.
Roberts Road: Visitors leaving the event westbound on SR100 will not be restricted for turning right onto Roberts Road.
Colbert Lane: Visitors leaving the event westbound on SR100 will not be restricted for turning right onto Roberts Road.
Old Kings Road: Visitors leaving the event westbound on SR100 will not be restricted for turning left or right onto Old Kings Road.
I-95: Visitors leaving the event westbound on SR100 will not be restricted from accessing I-95 north or I-95 south.
High Bridge: Visitors leaving the event southbound on SRA1A and then proceeding west on High Bridge will not be restricted. Deputies from the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office will be assisting with traffic at the intersection of High Bridge and Walter Boardman.
Carpooling: Visitors that plan on attending this year’s events are strongly encouraged to carpool, as this will assist with parking and traffic efficiency after the fireworks have concluded.
The following free City parking lots will be open and available to the public on Wednesday, July 4th.
- The City Hall parking lot on the northeast corner of 3rd Street South and South Central Avenue will be reserved for handicapped parking only.
- North 4th Street & North Central Avenue (GPS Address – 311 North Central Avenue)
- North 5th Street & North Central Avenue (GPS Address -109 North 5th Street)
- South 5th Street & South Daytona Avenue (GPS Address – 503 South Daytona Avenue)
- South 5th Street & South Oceanshore Boulevard (GPS Address – 504 South Oceanshore Boulevard)
- South 8th Street & South Central Avenue (GPS Address – 113 South 8th Street)
Santa Maria Del Mar Catholic Church
The paved parking lots at Santa Maria Del Mar Catholic Church will be utilized for parking after the holiday parade has concluded. The parking lots, which are located just west of the Church, will be open at approximately 12:00 p.m. and there is no charge to park in these parking lots.
The Church has partnered with the City in order to add additional parking for this event and we respectfully request that patrons using the parking lots utilize the trash receptacles and port-o-johns that will be available and accessible.
As the parking lots for the Church are located north of SR100, we strongly encourage attendees that live north or SR100 utilize the Church parking lots. This will allow for easier patron egress back home after the conclusion of the fireworks presentation.
Free Park & Ride Shuttle
The City will once again provide a free, Park & Ride shuttle service from Flagler Square (Badcock Furniture) to Veterans Park. The free shuttle will consist of buses shuttling visitors from Flagler Square to Veterans Park and return trips back to Flagler Square; starting at 8:00 a.m. on July 4th and continuing until 11:00 p.m. Additional buses have been added for this year’s event.
The Park & Ride shuttle is designed to provide additional free parking for the event, which will help with the ingress and egress of holiday traffic. The park and ride shuttle is free and the buses will be making continuous loops to accommodate those wishing to utilize their services. The designated loading/unloading locations for passengers are as follows;
- Westside: Flagler Square (2501 Moody Blvd, south side of SR 100, just west of the CVS Pharmacy at the corner of John Anderson Hwy)
- East side: Veterans Park (2nd Street South between South Central Avenue and South Daytona Avenue)
Note: Shuttle buses will NOT stop to pick up/drop off passengers at any location other than the designated sites listed above.
Eastbound traffic on SR100 at Connecticut Avenue (west side of the Bridge) will be restricted to emergency vehicles only for the duration of the fireworks presentation. Traffic westbound will not be restricted during the presentation. The restrictions is to prevent parking on the Bridge and once the fireworks presentation has concluded, the restriction will be lifted.
If you have any questions about the information listed above, please feel free to contact Chief Doughney.
#Flagler4th2018 Flagler Beach 4th Parking Zones Map