NOTE: Upon submitting an application for employment, ALL sections, including your experience and education, must be completed and clearly documented in order to be considered for any FBPD position.
Police Officer Applicant Requirements:
- Minimum age of 19
- United States Citizen at time of application (F.S.S.943.13(2)).
- High school diploma or GED equivalent. An evaluation of foreign high school diploma may be required (USAFI is not acceptable).
- Successfully completed the Florida Basic Recruit Training Program or equivalency for out of state officers.
- Achieved a passing score on the State Officer Certification Examination.
- Must not have been convicted of any felony. All candidates must not have been convicted of any perjury or a false statement charge as an adult. All other arrests and convictions will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Must have good moral character as determined by a background investigation (F.S.S. 943.13).
- Possess a valid Florida Driver’s License.
- If ever arrested, candidates must submit an official court disposition with the application. Official court dispositions can be obtained from the Clerk of the Court in the county in which the incident occurred.
- If claiming Veteran’s Preference, candidates must provide a DD214 Member 4 form at time of application.
- Never have received a Dishonorable discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United States.
- Successfully pass polygraph/CVSA and psychological examination upon request.
- Successfully pass the oral board.